Are you getting ready to say goodbye to this year? This article is for you if you want to do that in style and with some great cocktails and other drinks. We know how important a good meal is but planning the perfect beverage menu is crucial at this time of year.
Whether you are a restaurant owner hosting a celebration or expecting guests at home, our comprehensive list of New Year’s Eve drinks will help you. When you know which drinks to serve, you will impress your guests and have a wonderful time welcoming the new year!
Look through your beverage inventory now and let’s get planning this unforgettable night! We bet that you will have at least most of the types of alcohol we are going to suggest. Cocktail garnishes and beautiful glassware should also be available already. The rest is up to you!
New Year’s Eve Drinks for the Perfect Party
Serving both popular cocktails and unpopular drinks is great. You can even come up with some signature cocktails or focus on holiday drinks. However, we believe there are some must-haves to add to the list of offers for New Year’s Eve!
Key Takeaway: There is a huge range of New Year’s Eve drinks you can and should serve during the last night of this year. People love their classic options like wine and popular cocktails, but they would also love to see your own creations. Make sure your menu has a mixture of both and your customers will have an amazing time at your restaurant!
Champagne, prosecco wine, and all other varieties of sparkling wine are considered an integral part of any celebration. The end-of-the-year party is no different! If you want to excel with your New Year’s Eve drinks offers, you must offer some sort of quality bubbly wine.
Sparkling wines deserve their own category because they are a popular choice during the holiday season. But for a perfect celebration, you need to have a good wine list with many alternatives. Here are our suggestions on the types of wine you need to have on hand!
- White Wines - Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay need to be a part of your New Year’s Eve drinks menu. Sauvignon Blanc is a crisp wine with citrus and green apple notes. It’s very refreshing and pairs well with different types of food. As for Chardonnay, it comes in a variety of styles and you can choose what will work best with your dishes.
- Red Wines - A nice glass of red wine on a cold winter night sounds like the perfect plan! To make the New Year’s celebration perfect for all red wine lovers, make sure you have Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. The Pinot Noir is an elegant wine with a light body. It has a flavor of red berries. Cabernet Sauvignon, on the other hand, is a full-bodied, rich wine with dark fruit, chocolate, and cheddar notes. The different profiles of these wines make them perfect for the New Year’s Eve drinks list, as they will go with the different meals you serve.
- Rosé Wine - You can’t neglect the rosé wine lovers! Get some nice bottles of dry rosé because this wine goes with a large variety of foods.
- Dessert Wines - Port wine and late-harvest Riesling will be the perfect wines to serve alongside delicious desserts. And every big celebration like New Year's needs to have a good selection of both wine and desserts.
Sourcing some special local wines is always recommended, too. If there are some that are specific to your area, add them to the wine list and consider the wine pairings you can offer to guests.
It wouldn’t be a New Year’s Eve drinks menu if you didn’t have a large selection of popular cocktail drinks. These are the cocktails that people will ask for, even if you don’t have them on the menu. That’s why it’s better to be prepared and have all of the required ingredients to make them.
- Tequila Cocktails - The two tequila cocktails that people love the most are Margarita and Paloma. Tequila Sunrise is a popular one, too, but most people consider it to be a summer cocktail. You can also try making some of the spiciest cocktails in the world. People who enjoy experimenting will appreciate the variety.
- Whiskey and Bourbon Cocktails - Old Fashioned and Whiskey Sour are the two cocktails that must make it to the list. They are considered to be one of the best-known cocktails in the world. These drinks are a perfect fit for celebrating the end of the year!
- Gin Cocktails - Gin and Tonic is a classic cocktail that some people consider to be a summer drink but true gin enthusiasts enjoy it all year round. Another great gin cocktail to serve is Negroni. It’s a bittersweet cocktail that is perfect for the holiday season.
- Vodka Cocktails - Can’t have a New Year’s Eve drinks list without some good vodka cocktails! Bloody Mary and Moscow Mule are among the most well-loved cocktails. Make sure you have the ingredients for both, as they will probably get ordered.
Non-alcoholic drinks are a crucial part of any celebration, as well. Although New Year’s Eve tends to be the night when everyone is drinking, some people will still avoid alcohol. Whether due to pregnancy, following special diets, or being the designated driver, you need to cater to this crowd. Prepare a range of delicious mocktails and everyone will have a great night!
Here’s our list of mocktails you should have on the New Year’s Eve drinks menu:
- Virgin Mojito
- Berry Sparkler
- Pineapple Ginger Sparkle
- Cranberry Citrus Punch
- Virgin Pina Colada
- Ginger Lemon Fizz
There can’t be a party without beer! No matter what beer brands you prefer, make sure you offer a variety. Remember that craft beer and food are always a good combination and people will surely appreciate it. You can look into sourcing locally-made craft beers for people who love pale ale, dark beer, and everything in between.
Frequently Asked Questions about New Year’s Eve Drinks
If you have additional questions on how to build the perfect New Year’s Eve drinks menu, read the answers we have provided below.
What Types of Wine to Serve with New Year’s Eve Food?
Pair lighter wines like Sauvignon Blanc with appetizers. Heartier red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon complement the main courses well. Consider the flavors of the food and wine to create good pairings.
What Hot Drinks Should I Serve on New Year’s Eve?
Hot Toddy and mulled wine are popular hot drink options for a cozy New Year's Eve celebration. Spike hot chocolate is also a delicious alternative. You can come up with your own hot drinks to serve at the party, too.
Which Trendy Cocktails to Serve at New Year’s Eve Parties?
Trendy cocktails can be variations of classic drinks or unique creations. Examples include craft cocktails with special ingredients and innovative flavor combinations. Cocktails made with spicy spirits are also trendy at the moment.
If you want to make something unique, you can turn to a mixologist for help. An expert can create drinks that will fit the concept of your business. These types of beverages are great to use in advertisements, too.