Wine is a fabulous drink and has been a part of our culture for thousands of years. Today, there are hundreds of wine varietals on the market ranging from dry to sweet, fruity to earthy, and with a range of tannins and calories in wine. Luckily, there's a day to celebrate all of the wonders of the drink that inspires so much wine marketing. From folks who have taken sommelier classes to those who simply enjoy wine, there's something here for everyone.
Whether you're interested in trying a new food and wine pairing, want to become a wine negociant, or are just starting to learn about wine, there's a lot to celebrate on National Wine Day. Keep reading to learn when National Wine Day is, a bit about its history, and see some of the best memes about the day.
When Is National Wine Day 2022?
National wine day is Wednesday, May 25, 2022. Sometimes called National Drink Wine Day, the day is a celebration of all things wine. Vintners from across the United States use the day to introduce people to their selection of wine varietals and advocate for the quality of American wine.
History of National Wine Day
Nobody really knows how National Wine Day came to be, but the earliest references online appear around 2009. The most likely explanation is that it was a joke or meme that managed to get enough traction to become recognized. Since then, it has been co-opted by various businesses as a good winery or restaurant marketing effort.
In fact, there have been many benefits from the continued growth of National Wine Day. In the past few decades, wine industry growth in California wineries alone has expanded from fewer than 50 to more than 800 today. These wineries produce a range of red wine types and types of white wine. National Wine Day gives them a great marketing opportunity and helps further promote wine coming from across the country.
National Wine Day Activities
Celebrating National Wine Day can be more than just having a glass of wine. The day can be spent at-home or out on the town. Either way, it's a great excuse to have a good time with loved ones.
Here are some of our favorite national wine day activities:
- Check out a wine happy hour. The most obvious way to spend National Wine day is in a bar or restaurant. Most happy hours are focused on selling happy hour drinks that use low-cost ingredients and well liquor with high markups or to offload excess inventory. However, National Wine Day can give you the opportunity to snag a glass of your favorite wine on the cheap. Check out the bars and restaurants near you to see what specials they have on offer.
- Pick up some new gadgets. Nothing quite completes the wine drinking experience like picking up an electric wine opener, wine purifier, or wine glasses with pour lines. Take stock of your own inventory and look into some options that fit your needs. Personally, we recommend researching a wine aerator decanter so you can get the most taste out of your favorite bottle.
- Enjoy a wine tasting. Sometimes one glass of wine isn't enough. If you truly want to experience National Wine Day, you should check out a wine tasting at a local winery or vineyard. You can try new types of wine, check out some low calorie wine, experiment with types of aged wine, and even discover gluten free alcohol. Treat yourself and explore all your local bar, restaurant, or vineyard has to offer.
National Wine Day Meme
Every National Wine Day, social media sites can become inundated with memes of varying quality. If you're looking for a fun one to share with your friends and family, we've pulled together a few of our favorites.
Here are a few national wine day memes worth sharing:
- A wonderful poem about wine.
- The perfect date.
- A difficult choice.
- The truth about the day.
- Just topping it off.
Frequently Asked Questions About National Wine Day
Wine has been an important part of world culture as far back as 7000 BCE. That means there have been celebrations of wine for just as long. But, many people have questions about our current celebrations
To help clear up any confusion, we've pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions about national wine day. Take a look at the questions with our answers below:
How Many National Wine Days Are There In 2021?
There are 14 separate national wine days in 2021. They are:
- February 18 - National Drink Wine Day
- March 3 - National Mulled Wine Day
- May 9 - National Moscato Day
- May 17 - National Pinot Grigio Day
- May 25 - National Wine Day
- May 27 - National Chardonnay Day
- June 11 - National Rosé Day
- August 1 - National Albariño Day
- August 4 - National White Wine Day
- August 18 - National Pinot Noir Day
- August 28 - National Red Wine Day
- October 15 - National Champagne Day
- November 17 - National Zinfandel Day
- December 5 - National Cabernet Franc Day
Is There A National Buy A Nurse A Bottle Of Wine Day?
No, there is no official national buy a nurse a bottle of wine day. However, you don't need to have a national holiday to buy some wine for a special person in your life. Pick up one of the best gluten free gift baskets, a wine aroma kit, or even a case of wine to make the nurse in your life smile.
Is There A National Chardonnay Day?
Yes, National Chardonnay Day is May 27th. If you're looking for a good way to celebrate, why not try out a wine pairing with chicken, wine pairing with salmon, or even use it as a white wine for cooking. There are a lot of ways to celebrate Chardonnay.
Every Day Can Be Wine Day
National wine day is a time for celebration and fun. This upcoming wine day is a great time to get together with family, break out an aerator or decanter, and enjoy some wine and good conversation. You can watch a sommelier documentary to celebrate people who have a passion for wine.
Whether you're looking for cooking wine recommendations, or you want to experiment with new varieties of wine, we can help. We can also recommend some wine glasses with pour lines so you can learn to pour properly or even pick up some bartender tools, so you can’t expand beyond wine into other types of alcohol.
BinWise is an end-to-end beverage inventory software solution for bars and restaurants. Save 85% or more of your inventory counting time, eliminate manual data entry, and track variance effortlessly. Book a demo now to see how our platform can improve your bottom line today. Note that product demos are a walkthrough of our software, not a source of business advice.