CBD cocktails are one of the latest trends to try out in your restaurant. They are not for every restaurant and every customer, but if the regulations in your region allow it and the drinks fit the concept of your business, you should consider them.
The popularity of CBD beverages increased over the past few years because of the various benefits they provide. CBD oils and CBD-infused products help people relax, decrease anxiety levels, promote better sleep, and more.
They are a great drink to enjoy after a long day and that’s why restaurant owners should think about implementing CBD cocktails in their beverage program. Once you get familiar with the local regulations regarding the use of CBD, you can start thinking about the actual drinks you can add to your year-round or seasonal menu.
If you have decided to give it a go and add CBD cocktails to your offers, take a look at the great recipes we suggest trying and our tips on how to serve them at your restaurant!
CBD Cocktails: Recipes to Try in Your Restaurant
A great way to implement CBD beverages in your restaurant menu is by adding the oil to some classic cocktails people know and love. For example, you can take a classic Cosmopolitan recipe and add CBD oil to the mix, following the dosing recommendations.
You can also choose to go the unique route from the get-go. However, bold moves are not always taken well by customers, and introducing such adult beverage trends should be done more mindfully and gradually.
Let’s look into some popular recipes that can become great CBD-infused cocktails
Key Takeaway: Try serving a CBD version of some classic cocktails to slowly introduce these new drinks to your restaurant customers. Prepare your staff well before putting CBD cocktails on the menu and make sure you use products of high quality.
CBD-Infused Lemon Ginger Mojito
Poolside cocktails can be enjoyed anywhere in the hot, summer days! One great option but infused with CBD is the Mojito. Here’s what the bartender will need:
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- Club soda
- CBD tincture
For the CBD tincture, you need to follow the instructions on the product so you don’t overuse it.
How to make a CBD-Infused Lemon Ginger Mojito:
- In a cocktail shaker, press the mint leaves.
- Add the white rum, lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top it off with club soda.
- Add the desired dosage of CBD tincture to the glass and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
CBD-Infused Old Fashioned
Old Fashioned is an all-time favorite to many people. To ensure customer satisfaction - serve something known and loved but with a twist!
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange twist
- CBD tincture
How to make a CBD-Infused Old Fashioned:
- Place the sugar cube in an old-fashioned glass and add the bitters.
- Mix the sugar and bitters together until the sugar cube is dissolved.
- Add the bourbon to the glass and stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice and stir again.
- Add the dosage of CBD tincture and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Win the hearts of the ladies enjoying a nice dinner at your restaurant by offering a CBD-infused version of their favorite Margarita. Here’s what you need:
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- Salt (for rimming the glass)
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
- CBD tincture
How to make a CBD-Infused Margarita:
- Put salt on the rim of a margarita glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and agave syrup.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into the glass filled with fresh ice.
- Add the dosage of CBD tincture to the glass and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Tips on How to Serve CBD-Infused Cocktails
Even if you get the help of a cocktail expert when creating CBD cocktails for your restaurant, you may still need some tips on how to serve the drinks. To help with that, we’ve compiled the following list:
- Source high-quality CBD products from reputable brands. Look for suppliers that provide clear information about their sourcing, manufacturing processes, and third-party lab testing. Consistency is very important when it comes to the quality of CBD products.
- Educate the staff in your restaurants about the basics of CBD, which includes the effects it can have on people. The waiters should be able to answer to any question customers have. A well-educated staff will improve customer experience and boost the profit of the restaurant.
- Try offering a variety of dosages when it comes to CBD in cocktails. Some customers may not feel comfortable with larger amounts and may want to try drinks with low CBD content first.
- Make sure CBD cocktails are clearly labeled on the menu and that all ingredients are listed. Honesty is highly appreciated by customers, especially when it comes to business from the hospitality industry.
- Allow customers to customize their drinks, if you feel like this would be manageable for your bar staff. Some clients may want to increase the amount of CBD added to their drink. However, even if you allow customization, make sure the CBD tincture is not more than the maximum recommended amounts.
Frequently Asked Questions about CBD Cocktails in Restaurants
If the previous articles we’ve shared on the topic of CBD beverages have not answered all of your questions, you may find the information you are looking for in the following paragraphs!
Let’s see what else people want to know about CBD cocktails.
Is It Safe to Mix Alcohol with CBD?
It’s safe to mix alcohol and CBD in smaller amounts. There’s a recommended daily limit for CBD consumption that you be aware of to not overdo it. Also, it’s best to be mindful of the amount of alcohol you consume on a daily or even weekly basis.
Just like with many other substances, if not withing recommended limits, the use of CBD and alcohol may not be beneficial but harmful for your health.
Can CBD Drinks Boost Energy?
Some sources report that a benefit of drinking CBD beverages is the boost of energy you will feel. More popular benefits of CBD cocktails and drinks are reduced levels of anxiety, stress, as well as improved sleep.
Although CBD drinks may not directly affect your energy levels, they may provide you with the relaxation you need. This can help you gain the energy you need.
Is CBD Addictive?
Research shows that CBD doesn’t have an addictive effect, which makes it safer to use than some other substances that promote relaxation. However, when using CBD in any way, make sure you don’t take more than the recommended amounts.
When a CBD drinks are served at bars and restaurants, they need to adhere to the local regulations and the used amounts of CBD need to be written in the menu. Keep in mind that CBD cocktails and other CBD-infused products can have different effect on different people.