CBD tea and coffee are just a version of everyone’s favorite hot beverages. They are infused with CBD oil which makes these drinks even more beneficial for people’s health. From the warmth of the drink and the coziness it creates to the great flavor and the many benefits of CBD oil - you should definitely consider adding such options to your menu.
If you are a business owner or a restaurant manager looking for ways to spice up your beverage program and increase customer satisfaction, this article will be helpful to you. Let’s get started with the benefits of CBD drinks like tea and coffee!
The Benefits of CBD Tea & Coffee
All CBD beverages have similar benefits that come from cannabidiol. Tea and coffee, however, have health benefits on their own, before any CBD oil is added to them. This makes them even more special and worth considering adding new options to your menu, alongside CBD cocktails.
Key Takeaway: CBD tea and coffee provide great health benefits and have a variety of flavors that will complement the cuisine in your restaurant. They can be brewed in a few different ways, too.
Here are the benefits that come with drinking CBD coffee and tea:
- Relaxation and Stress Relief - CBD is known to help reduce stress levels. When combined with the natural soothing effects of coffee or tea, it can help alleviate feelings of anxiety and tension and help people relax.
- Improved Focus and Alertness - While CBD is not a stimulant like caffeine, it may promote mental clarity and focus. CBD can enhance concentration and alertness when combined with the energizing effects of coffee or tea.
- Enhanced Mood and Well-Being - CBD is said to have mood-enhancing properties. By interacting with serotonin receptors in the brain, CBD helps regulate people’s moods. Combining CBD with coffee or tea will create a positive and enjoyable experience.
- Potential Pain Relief - CBD may help alleviate discomfort associated with conditions like headaches, muscle soreness, and chronic pain. Drinking CBD-infused coffee or tea is a natural way to ease pain and inflammation.
- Stress-induced Sleep Support - CBD has sleep-regulating properties and helps improve sleep quality. CBD tea can help counteract the potential sleep-disrupting effects of caffeine, making it a suitable option for those who want to enjoy a warm beverage without affecting sleep in a negative way.
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Effects - Both CBD coffee and tea contain antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Additionally, CBD possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
CBD Coffee & Tea Brewing Methods
Tea and coffee brewing methods differ and that’s why we will look at them separately. The goal, however, is the same - to create delicious, warm beverages that will completely transform the customer experience in your restaurant and even help you increase profits!
CBD Coffee Brewing Methods
There are three different methods of brewing CBD coffee.
1. Using Pre-Infused CBD Coffee
Some companies offer pre-infused CBD coffee beans, where CBD is already infused into the coffee during the roasting process. Simply grind the beans and brew them using your preferred coffee brewing method. In the end, you will have a nice cup of coffee to serve to your restaurant guests!
2. Using CBD Oil or Tincture
Another option is to add CBD oil or tincture to the brewed coffee. After brewing the type of coffee you typically use in your restaurant, add the desired amount of CBD oil or tincture and stir well to ensure proper incorporation. Start with a low CBD dosage and gradually increase it as needed.
3. Water-Soluble CBD Powder
Water-soluble CBD powders are designed to dissolve easily in liquids like coffee. Brew the coffee as usual and then add the desired amount of CBD powder to the cup. Stir well until the powder is fully dissolved.
CBD Tea Brewing Methods
Similar to CBD coffee, there are three different ways to make CBD tea.
1. Pre-Infused CBD Tea
Just like pre-infused CBD coffee, some companies offer pre-packaged CBD tea bags or loose-leaf CBD tea blends. Steep the CBD-infused tea in hot water according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
2. CBD Oil or Tincture
Brew the tea using hot water and let it steep for the recommended time. Once the tea is ready, add the CBD oil or tincture and stir well to incorporate it into the tea.
3. CBD Honey or Sweetener
Another option is to use CBD-infused honey or sweetener. Brew the tea as usual and add the CBD honey or sweetener to the cup (or serve separately to the client so they can add it themselves). Stir well to ensure the CBD is evenly distributed. The sweetness of the honey or sweetener can complement the flavors of the tea.
CBD Tea & CBD Coffee Flavors and Food Pairings
If you run a restaurant, you probably wonder what flavor of CBD tea and/or coffee will complement the different dishes and desserts you serve. To help you with that serious matter, we’ve compiled a list of the different flavors and some great pairings to try.
CBD Tea Flavors & Pairings
- CBD-infused herbal teas go well with light pastries, fruit desserts, or as a standalone calming beverage. These teas often have soothing flavors like chamomile, lavender, or peppermint.
- CBD-infused green teas and matcha teas pair nicely with sushi, salads, or light vegetarian dishes, as well as citrusy desserts. They have a refreshing and earthy flavor profile.
- CBD teas with fruity flavors like berry, citrus, or tropical blends can be vibrant and refreshing. They go well with breakfast foods like muffins, scones, or fruit bowls and work well with tangy desserts like fruit tarts or sorbets. This makes them a great option to add to your brunch menu, too.
- CBD-infused spiced teas or chai teas pair excellently with baked goods like cookies, cakes, or spiced desserts such as pumpkin pie or gingerbread. They feature warm and aromatic flavors like cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger.
CBD Coffee Flavors & Pairings
- CBD-infused medium roast coffee has a balanced flavor profile with mild acidity and a nutty undertone. It goes well with breakfast foods like pancakes, waffles, eggs, or granola.
- CBD-infused dark roast coffee has a bold and rich flavor with notes of chocolate, caramel, or smokiness. It pairs well with chocolate desserts and pastries, or alongside hearty dishes like steak, roasted vegetables, or dark chocolate-based desserts.
- CBD coffees can also come in flavored options like vanilla, hazelnut, or caramel. These flavored coffees pair nicely with sweet treats like cookies, muffins, or flavored pastries.
- CBD-infused cold brew coffee has a smooth and less acidic taste. It pairs well with light and refreshing foods like salads and sandwiches, or as a standalone energizing beverage on a warm day.
Frequently Asked Questions about CBD Tea and CBD Coffee in Restaurants
Making the decision to include CBD-infused drinks on your menu may not be easy. CBD products come with a certain amount of stigma surrounding them and customers may be unsure of whether to try them at the beginning. However, with the right staff training, you will be able to educate customers and gain some profits from this adult beverage trend.
Here’s what else you may want to know about CBD-infused drinks, such as tea and coffee.
Will CBD Lose Its Effect When Mixed with a Hot Drink?
CBD will not lose its effects when mixed with a hot drink. As a rule of thumb, if the drink is safe for a person to drink, it’s also safe to put CBD oil in it. The CBD oil will have the same positive effects whether you mixed it with a cold brew or a nice warm cup of coffee or tea.
How Much CBD Oil Can I Put in Tea?
It’s recommended to use between 5 and 15mg in each cup of tea. If you are serving CBD tea in a bar or restaurant, make sure you comply with local regulations and read all the instructions provided by the CBD manufacturer.
How Long Does It Take for the CBD Tea or Coffee to Show Effect?
Anywhere between 45 minutes to 2 hours. In this timeframe, the consumer could feel a sense of relaxation and relief.