We’re Looking for You
We’re a small team, co-located in San Francisco, dedicated to providing software solutions and insights that make life easier for the good people of the restaurant industry. We’re passionate about what we do and we certainly love our food and wine.
Check out the open opportunities below to see if your experience fits what we’re looking for. We’d love for you to join our team!
Current Open Positions
Software Platform Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time
Min Experience: 3+ Years
You’re looking for a new full-time role onsite in San Francisco (and you’re legally and logistically capable of doing so). You’re a Platform Engineer with a proven track record in the design and development of scalable, high performance Microservices based technology platforms implemented using Java. You’re looking for a hands-on development position requiring technical expertise and creativity, a strong sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’ve got the confidence and skill to figure things out and get stuff done while coordinating your work with the rest of the team.
You’ll take a key development role in building and launching a new product. To that end, you’ll be asked to:
- Write robust, maintainable backend code
- Work with Front-end developers to ensure that things are working accurately and efficiently, and continually improve services as the platform expands
- Improve the scalability and performance for our current product platform
- Get involved as needed to drive decisions, push technical direction, fix issues, debug problems, write code, and generally do what’s needed to make things happen
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes, tools and environment for the team
- Help drive development and adoption of our new product platform
- Assist the rest of the development team in tackling various issues and fires
There’s no secret sauce to a perfect candidate, but having 2-5 years of practical work experience with the following will have been helpful
- JAVA development experience, building web RESTful applications
- Some experience with one modern client-side framework, preferably ReactJS
- Strong skills and experience with core Java components and frameworks such as Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Integration, the Netflix OSS (Zuul, Eureka, hystrix, feign, ribbon) and Hibernate
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with NoSQL, preferable MongoDB
- Experience with Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with designing, building or maintaining a production consumer or B2B website
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with cloud programming and AWS
- Experience with Jenkins-based continuous integration
- Excellent understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with Java, C#, MVC.net, T-SQL, play/Scala
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Working experience in smaller orgs / start-ups a plus
- Significant experience developing in an agile process
- Affinity for the restaurant industry and a love of wine (we love our wine)
Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
Let’s find out! Fill out and submit the form below and we’ll reach out for an interview if there’s a fit.