It’s Summer time, looking for something refreshing? How about a Rosé, something that’s HOT, cool and refreshing all it once.
BinWise’s data tracks some of the best wine programs in the country, and as Spring turns to Summer it’s clear that Rosé sales are hot. Based on sales data aggregated on Binwise during summer months (encompassing 3M+ glasses of wine), we discovered some interesting insights.
French Rosés punch well above their weight: while France produces less than a third of the world’s Rose, they dominate the market with 50% of sales. Italy and the US come in a distant second and third respectively, about in line with the amount of wines produced. With the US charging into the market with increased domestic production, expect those numbers to change when we republish our findings at the end of the summer.
Rosé sells better than Pinot Grigio: Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc still hold the edge, but the days of Pinot Grigio being the reliable go-to may be on the wane.
The Top Dogs Dominate: Top 20 Rosé Producers represented 40% of Rose sales
- Chateau Les Valentines 11. Chateau Pigoudet
- Domaine de Triennes 12. Chateau Maupague
- Bodegas Muga 13. Antichi Vigneti di Cantalupo
- Pascal Jolivet 14. La Kiuva
- Chateau de Pampelonne 15. Mas de Daumas Gassac
- Graci 16. Domaine de Cagueloup
- Miraval 17. Domaine Saint Andre de Figuiere
- Jolie Folle 18. Domaine d’Eole
- La Spinetta 19. Domaine Comte Abbatucci
- Chateau d’Esclans 20. Planeta
Rosé is delicious: But you already knew that.
BinWise is the #1 Brand for the top wine programs, processing over a quarter of a Billion$ in annual purchases and sales on our platform. Leave a comment and let us know if you would like to know more.